Staff Mobility for Training
Staff mobility for training offers an opportunity for employees from partner universities to stay at a host university for training purposes. The purpose of the training is to allow participants to learn from a partner institution through a transfer of knowledge or exchange of experiences and good practices, and thereby to acquire practical skills relevant for their current job and their professional development.
- Incoming and outgoing staff must be employed at their university of origin.
- Staff member(s) must take care of their own health, liability and accident insurance for the period of their training and provide the host university’s Erasmus institutional coordinator with a copy of the insurance policy.
- The coordinator of a faculty /department or hosting administrative service at host university will sign and issue the confirmation of training on the last day of the stay and send it via email to the mobility participant.
Incoming Mobility (visits to HSE University)
If you are planning a staff training visit to the HSE University, please take the following steps:
- Contact the Erasmus institutional coordinator at your home university directly in order to enquire about the possibility and timing of the visit. The coordinator will consult you on the funding availability and timeframes for the visit.
- Get in touch with the prospective unit of the host university. Send your CV, planned dates and a draft programme of your visit (what you would like to discuss, who you need to meet, etc.) – please cc to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once the unit is ready to invite you, ask colleagues to send you the programme of the visit.
- Fill in the application form and attach your CV and formal invitation letter to it.
- Fill in an application for a visa invitation (this document will be sent to you by HSE University once you know the exact dates of your visit).
- Receive a scan of your visa invitation (or its original if required by the embassy).
- Apply for a Russian visa.
- Come and visit the HSE University and enjoy your stay with us.
- Fill in the survey sent to you by an EU server (so that they can assess the quality of your visit).
Outgoing Mobility (visits from HSE University)
If you are planning to take part in staff training at a partner university, please take the following steps:
- Check up the Open Calls section where mobility opportunities and requirements are stated.
- Get in touch with the prospective host University (the department or the faculty you are interested in visiting) and discuss a draft programme for your visit.
- Once the host unit confirms that they are ready to receive you within the proposed timeframe, ask them to issue an invitation letter for you (this is a formal document that contains your full name and position, the proposed programme, the planned dates of your visit, the signature of the director/head and a seal).
- NB! If you are planning to take part in a staff training event, please follow the organizers’ instructions.
- Apply for the call (upload all the documents required), the aplication form is available in the description of the call.
- Once you receive a confirmation that you are accepted (this letter will be sent from email@example.com), get in touch with the host faculty/institute and negotiate your visit programme (in detail). Please note that you will most likely need to pay your expenses in advance and be subsequently reimbursed. Therefore, we strongly urge you to clarify the terms and conditions with the host university.
- Request a visa invitation from the host university (if needed).
- Apply for a visa.
- Document your absence as a business trip (follow the guidelines specified here).
- Visit the partner university to take part in a training programme.
- Fill in the survey sent to you by an EU server (so that they can assess the quality of your visit) + the report form on this page.
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.